Jesse S. Bobo Elementary
Message from the Principal
I would like to welcome everyone back to a new school year at Jesse S. Bobo Elementary School. We have exciting learning opportunities for your students this year, and we will continue to provide for them academically and socially. A great education is something that you can never take away from a child. That is exactly what we intend to give your children -- a great education as we prepare them for college and career readiness. My goal as the principal of the school is to prepare your child to be the best readers, writers, communicators, and problem solvers that they can be.
Jesse S. Bobo Elementary believes that open communication from school and home is a key component for educational success. Our Parent/Student Handbook, Parent Involvement Policy, District 6 Title I brochure, and school brochure is designated to facilitate communication and serve as a reference sheet to provide information to families.
We welcome your support and feedback throughout the school year. Please join us for Parent Teacher Organization and School Improvement Council meetings. By working together, we can help each student meet their true potential. We look forward to working with you this year and celebrating our students’ achievements!
Our Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
The MISSION of Jesse S. Bobo Elementary School is to provide a positive atmosphere, a challenging curriculum, and engaging learning for all students.
We ENVISION a school where students, parents, faculty, staff and community work together to provide challenging and engaging instruction and a positive school climate which results in 100% of students graduating college and career ready.
- PBIS improves school climate and student achievement.
- in providing engaging and relevant instruction.
- student achievement increases when faculty and staff work in close partnership with families.
- That our students, faculty, and staff should consistently demonstrate extraordinary talent.
Title I Information
The purpose of Title I, Part A of public law 107-110 is to enable schools to provide opportunities for children served to acquire the knowledge and skills contained in the challenging state content standards and to meet the challenging state performance standards developed for all children.
This purpose is accomplished by such efforts as:
- Providing an enriched and accelerated educational program
- Promoting school-wide reform through additional services that increase the amount and quality of instructional time
- Significantly upgrading the quality of instruction by providing staff in participating schools with substantial opportunities for professional development
- Affording parents meaningful opportunities to participate in the education of their children at home and at school.
Spartanburg County School District 6
1390 Cavalier Way
Roebuck, SC 29376
Phone (864) 342-8988
Child Development Center
3050 N. Blackstock Road
Spartanburg, SC 29301
Phone (864) 576-4886
Fax (864) 576-0402